YouTube Vs Instagram Influencer Marketing: What is Better?
If there is one thing that influencer marketers or those who are just starting out with influencer marketing are confused about, then it’s YouTube vs Instagram influencer marketing.
While both these platforms- Instagram & YouTube, are very powerful, when it comes to choosing either, there is always a debate. And if you are in the same dilemma yourself, you have certainly come to the right place.
YouTube has about 1.7 billion monthly users whereas Instagram boasts of about 500 million users who spend at least a few minutes on the app every day. And while both these platforms are hugely popular, they definitely aren’t alike. Each of these platforms comes with its own set of strengths and weaknesses.
But, the question remains- influencer marketing on YouTube Vs Instagram and which one is better? Well, the answer to your question is in this article. Keep reading on as we differentiate the two platforms in-depth and help you decide which one is the best for you. Here is a detailed guide from us at Pokeify, your influencer marketing friend.
YouTube Vs Instagram Influencer Marketing
Let us first look at a few parameters that will help us understand these two platforms a little better.
- Users: YouTube has over 2.3 billion users worldwide whereas Instagram has about over 1 billion users.
- Age Group: The largest age group that uses YouTube is 15 to 55 years while Instagram is mainly used by 18 to 34-year-olds.
- Average Engagement Rate: As per Sprout Social, the average Instagram engagement rate for influencers is about 1.42%. On the other hand, the average YouTube engagement rate is about 4% for mega influencers.
- Type of Content: Instagram is obviously more popular for its photo posts while YouTube is known for its video content.
YouTube Vs Instagram Influencer Marketing – What is Right for You?
Before you decide which platform is right for you, here are a few points that you need to keep in mind.
- Reach: Reach is basically how many users you would be able to reach with the help of any particular platform. The idea here is to obviously be able to reach as many users as you possibly can.
- Relevance: Relevance is basically how many of your target customers will you be able to find on any of these platforms.
- Resonance: Resonance is nothing but the potential engagement that an influencer will be able to generate for you from their posts/ videos.
Is Instagram the Right Platform for You?
Instagram is, undoubtedly, very commonly used for influencer marketing whether it is for sponsored stories or posts, or videos. It is a platform that is very beneficial for influencers as well as for brands.
Moreover, Instagram’s content is also very easily consumable while being very easy to analyze at the same time. Instagram is a very versatile platform and gives influencers full creative control of how they wish to market or promote a product.
Instagram also has a huge user base and you can find influencers within every niche whether it is fashion, fitness, lifestyle, food, tech, or more. However, Instagram is majorly images and if you wish to market your product through images then Instagram is, without a doubt, the right choice for you. Influencer marketing through Instagram also tends to cost lesser as compared to YouTube.
Is YouTube the Right Platform For You?
YouTube also has a large user base that can help you reach numerous potential customers. When it comes to YouTube, there are no limitations to the niches either.
YouTube is a great platform for some high-quality content that has a great lifespan and is also search-friendly. If you are looking to reach your customers primarily through videos then YouTube is a great choice for you. However, influencer marketing through YouTube tends to be more expensive than on Instagram.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Choosing YouTube Vs Instagram Influencer Marketing
There are a few things that you need to keep in mind before you ultimately decide what is the best for you.
- Budget: Before you decide on the right platform for yourself, it is important to consider your budget and then make a decision depending on it.
- Niche: You also need to consider your niche before choosing influencer marketing on YouTube Vs Instagram. If your niche perfectly fits with YouTube then you should go with it and vice versa.
- Influencer: In case you have a specific influencer in mind who perfectly fits the niche that your brand belongs to then it is a good idea to go with the platform that the influencer uses.
- Type of Content: The type of content also matters when you are choosing between Instagram and YouTube. Considering the type of content you’d prefer, you can make a choice.
The final answer to YouTube Vs Instagram influencer marketing is that it depends. Considering all of the points that we shared above, you can make your choice and choose what works the best for your brand.